TRS Accepting Nominations for Retirees Advisory Committee
07.30.2019 — The Teacher Retirement System (TRS) is accepting nominations for three upcoming vacancies on the Retirees Advisory Committee (RAC), which meets twice per year in Austin and is responsible for holding public hearings on group coverage, recommending minimum standards and features of plans offered under TRS-Care, and recommending desirable changes to rules and legislation affecting TRS-Care.
The RAC is is composed of seven members, appointed by TRS, who serve staggered four-year terms. Three positions will expire January 31, 2020:
- one active school administrator
- one retired school administrator
- one retired teacher
If you would like to nominate an eligible TRS member or retiree for one of the three positions, please submit the nominee's resume and cover letter by August 15 to the following address:
Teacher Retirement System of Texas
Attention: Manager, Health Care Informatics and Communication
1000 Red River St.
Austin, TX 78701-2698
The nominee's cover letter should state the position he/she is applying for and include qualification details.
Candidates will be evaluated based on:
- length of experience as a TRS member/retiree
- participation in education-related volunteer programs
- professional activities and experience serving on committees, boards, etc. — particularly related to health care or other benefits
- credentials, awards, or other recognition
- participation in the TRS-Care program — for retired nominees
You may also submit a letter of recommendation concerning the nominee.
The Benefits Committee of the TRS Board of Trustees is expected to consider the nominations on September 19 and, on September 20, recommend to the Board a list of four individuals for the positions on the committee.
Questions? Contact Ify Egboh at 512.542.6551.