House Public Ed Committee to Meet March 7 on School Finance Bills
- HB 186 (Diego Bernal) Relating to a study regarding the cost of educating educationally disadvantaged students and students of limited English proficiency.
- HB 223 (Donna Howard) Relating to use of the compensatory education allotment funding to provide assistance to students at risk of dropping out of school who are pregnant or who are parents.
- HB 395 (Cecil Bell) Relating to the career and technology education allotment and the essential knowledge and skills of the career and technology education and technology applications curriculums.
- HB 587 (Dwayne Bohac) Relating to the creation of a technology applications course allotment under the foundation school program.
- HB 811 (Ken King) Relating to the extension of additional state aid for tax reduction provided to certain school districts.
- HB 883 (Ken King) Relating to funding for career and technology programs in public schools.
- HB 1245 (Philip Cortez) Relating to funding for public school career and technology programs.
Note: HB 94 (Harold Dutton), relating to the basic allotment and the equalized wealth level under the public school finance system, was removed from the list of bills to be considered after the original posting.
For longer summaries of these bills and others that TASA is tracking, search for the bill number using the online TASA Bill Tracker.