TASA Launches New Look and Long-Range Plan
01.29.2018 — Today TASA officially launched a long-range plan that will guide the association as it approaches its 100th anniversary in 2025 as well as a new logo and tagline to represent TASA’s vision of innovative, future-focused leaders for every public school student.
During the opening general session of the 2018 TASA Midwinter Conference, TASA officers unveiled the new logo and “Inspiring Leaders” tagline designed to help communicate TASA’s mission: to promote, provide, and develop leaders who create and sustain student-centered schools and develop future-ready students.
TASA leaders also shared the details of the TASA Strategic Framework — the result of more than a year of work by the TASA 2025 Task Force, a group of TASA members from across the state — that lays out TASA’s aspirations and outlines the long-term strategies the association will use to reach them.
“The TASA 2025 initiative was born out of conversations among TASA members,” says Kevin Brown, chair of the TASA 2025 Task Force and former TASA president. “There is a sense that our visioning document, Creating a New Vision for Public Education, published in 2008, was an important step for all of us but that there is still more to do. So, a little more than a year ago, we called on more than 30 administrators from across the state to serve on the TASA 2025 Task Force. This group has worked hard all year to think about the long-term future of TASA, how it can become more effective, and how it can continue its leadership role as the strongest, best educational organization in the nation.”
The framework resulting from the task force’s work identifies three strategic areas (professional learning experiences, community and policy advocacy, and member engagement and support), and declares aspirations that are aligned with those strategic areas:
By 2025, TASA aspires to cultivate a …
- Cohesive, nationally recognized professional learning system that builds leadership capacity and a culture of transferable learning.
- Deeply engaged membership that self-organizes around creating the highest level of leadership performance.
- Diverse and extensive collaborative of champions equipped to advocate for an educated citizenry.
The framework also includes the long-term strategies that TASA will use to achieve these aspirations by 2025 – the results of which should benefit TASA members, the association as a whole, and Texas public education in the years to come:
- Cultivate purposeful networks of leaders engaged in meaningful work that advances the principles in the New Vision for Public Education.
- Recruit local advocates to connect with legislators and accelerate grassroots public school advocacy efforts.
- Engage, mobilize, and collaborate with partners to advance effective education policy.
- Encourage and support regional, participant-led experiences that increase access to learning and networking opportunities.
- Develop a robust onboarding and mentorship experience that deepens personal connection to the association.
- Implement an adaptive process to assess and design learning opportunities that align with the various career pathways of members.
- Curate a “living library” of innovative transformational leadership practices from which leaders can learn from each other.
Learn more about the work of the TASA 2025 Task Force in the winter issue of INSIGHT. On pages 28-33, find a special section featuring more background information, a list of task force members, and their comments on the development of the strategic framework and why it is so important to the future of TASA and public education in Texas.
Also watch this video featuring TASA 2025 Task Force members that premiered during the launch of the strategic framework at the TASA Midwinter Conference. And don't miss this video featuring the new TASA Declaration.
See TASA’s new online brochure at www.tasa.live for a taste of the association’s new look, which you will also notice in upcoming issues of TASA Daily and other association communications. A brand-new website is planned for spring/summer 2018!