TASA is located in the Johnny L. Veselka Building in downtown Austin at 406 East 11th Street, one and one-half blocks east of the State Capitol.
The TASA lot has three visitors' spaces, but they are frequently full. We highly recommend that you plan to park at an off-site parking lot.
Northbound on IH-35
- Take exit 234C for 6th-12th Streets/State Capitol.
- Continue on the frontage road to East 11th Street.
- Turn LEFT (west) onto East 11th Street, crossing over IH-35. TASA is the fourth building on your right after you cross Red River Street.
Southbound on IH-35
- Take exit 234C for 12th-11th Streets/State Capitol.
- Move immediately into the right-hand lane of the frontage road and continue past East 12th Street to East 11th Street.
NOTE: If traffic is heavy, you may want to take the previous exit 235A for 15th Street, allowing more time to move into the right hand lane for a right turn onto East 11th Street.
- Turn RIGHT (west) onto East 11th Street. TASA is the fourth building on your right after you cross Red River Street.
As noted above, please plan to park at an off-site parking lot. All parking on the TASA lot is reserved, and cars parked in reserved spaces without permission are subject to towing at the owner's expense.
- Capitol Visitors Parking Garage at Trinity and 12th Street (Free for the first two hours and $1 per half hour thereafter—maximum daily charge $12)
- La Quinta Inn at 11th and San Jacinto (Full day = $18)
The following hotels are within walking distance of the Johnny L. Veselka Building.
Hyatt House Austin/Downtown
901 Neches Street
512-391-0000Holiday Inn Express & Suites Austin Downtown-University
805 Neches Street
512-474-6800701 East 11th Street512-478-1111