Aspiring Superintendents Academy
2019 Academy Schedule
- Sunday, January 27 – 2–5 p.m.
- Monday, January 28 – 2:15–3:15 p.m.
- Tuesday, January 29 – 11:30 a.m. – 2 p.m. (luncheon - time is tentative)
- Wednesday, January 30 – 7:30 – 9:30 a.m.
- John D. Horn, former superintendent, Mesquite ISD, senior associate, Schlechty Center, and consultant, TASA
- Jenny Preston, former superintendent, and consultant, TASA
TASA's popular Aspiring Superintendents Academy creates a learning opportunity for those who aspire to become superintendents. It focuses on moral and aesthetic dimensions of what it means to be the top education leader in a school district and its community. Particular attention is given to developing clarity about the beliefs and values that result in distinguished leadership in a connected and digitized world. The 2019 academy offers participants more than eight hours of professional learning in preparation for the superintendency. During the luncheon on Tuesday, academy participants will be provided an opportunity to network with members of TASA’s Future-Ready Superintendents Leadership Network, School Transformation Network and First-Time Superintendents Academy participants.
TASA Midwinter Conference registration is required, along with an additional $125 fee for the academy. The fee includes lunch on Tuesday and breakfast on Wednesday.How to Register
When registering for the Midwinter Conference in the TASA Member Services Center, the Aspiring Superintendents Academy will be offered as a 2019 Midwinter Conference option. Please select it then continue with the registration process.