Searching for a Job
The TASA Career Center employs a sophisticated search engine that allow you to hone in on the exact job you're looking for. The query time has been greatly reduced, and you'll notice that as you select search criteria, the system automatically narrows down and displays the number of jobs your search will produce.The trade-off for having instant feedback is that you can only do single-query searches under each filter choice; i.e., select ONE item from under each area: District Category/Employer, Position, Levels, Area, Core Subjects/Electives, Career & Technology.
NOTE: You do not need to create a Member Services Center profile to search for job vacancies in the Career Center.
Posting a Job
The superintendent of the district (or superintendent/CEO of a private/charter school) must be a current TASA member in order for the district to post jobs in the TASA Career Center.
The Employers' Area (posting/maintaining job vacancies for your district/organization) of the Career Center has been moved inside TASA's Member Services Center. Anyone authorized to post jobs for your district/organization must have a profile set up in TASA's Member Services Center, as must any person who will be designated as a job contact within an individual posting. There is no cost to create a profile in TASA's Member Services Center, and creating one does not make you a member of TASA. An active profile simply allows you to register and submit proposals for TASA events and, if authorized by your district, to post jobs in TASA’s Career Center.
Create a Profile and/or Log In
- Link to the Member Services Center
- On the Login screen, you have the option to (a) enter your username and password if you already have a profile, (b) have your password sent to you if you think you have a profile but can’t remember your password, or (c) create a new account.
- Click the "Did you forget your password?" link to have your password sent to you.
- Click the "I need to create an account." link if you need to create an account. Follow the steps to create your account.
Post/Maintain Job Vacancies
- Link to TASA's Member Services Center and login using your username and password.
- On the Member Services Center home page, click the My Organization link on the left-hand side of the rust-colored menu bar.
- In the left-hand column on the My Organization page, you will see Career Center Admin, click on Manage Job Postings.
- Click the New Job Posting link to post a job.
- Enter information related to the job. All fields in the previous Career Center are in the new system. There is a slightly different procedure for selecting the job contact.
- Select a Contact for the posting from the displayed list of individuals in your district. If you do not see the person who needs to be the contact, that person must create an MSC profile for him/herself. As soon as the profile is complete, that name will display in the contact list.
- Choices under District Category/Employer, Position, and Level are listed alphabetically. The All Levels choice under Level will automatically select the individual choices in that section, improving the search capabilities for users.
- Click the Active Job Posting link to view and edit current postings.
- Link to the Member Services Center
Comings & Goings
Congratulations to these superintendents, who are either new to the superintendency and/or new to their districts:
Alamo Heights ISD – Dana Bashara, former assistant superintendent, Alamo Heights ISD
Aledo ISD – Susan Bohn, former superintendent, Lockhart ISD
Alice ISD – Carl Scarbrough, former assistant superintendent, San Antonio ISD
Aldine ISD – LaTonya Goffney, former superintendent, Lufkin ISD
Anna ISD – Michael Comeaux, former superintendent, Post ISD
Bastrop ISD – Barry Edwards, former deputy superintendent, Bastrop ISD
Ben Bolt-Palito Blanco – Mike Barrera, former assistant superintendent for operations, McAllen ISD
Big Spring ISD – Jay McWilliams, former assistant superintendent, Big Spring ISD
Caddo Mills ISD – Harry "Luke" Allison, former superintendent, Normangee ISD
Conroe ISD – Curtis Null, former deputy superintendent of schools, Conroe ISD
DeSoto ISD – D'Andre Weaver, former community superintendent, Spring Branch ISD
Dickinson ISD – Carla Voelkel, former deputy superintendent of educational services, Dickinson ISD
Donna ISD – Hafedh Azaiez, former assistant superintendent for middle schools, Spring ISD
Edgewood ISD – Eduardo Hernandez, former chief academic officer, Duncanville ISD
Elkhart ISD – Lamont Smith, deputy superintendent, Lancaster ISD
Gainesville ISD – DesMontes Stewart, former deputy superintendent, Killeen ISD
Granbury ISD – Jeremy Glenn, former superintendent, Waxahachie ISD
Gruver ISD – Wade Callaway, former principal, Gruver ISD
Hardin ISD – Gerald Nixon, former interim superintendent and director of human resources, Sweeny ISD
Irion County ISD – Brian Gray, former superintendent, Union Grove ISD
Judson ISD – Jeanette Ball, former superintendent, Uvalde CISD
Kenedy ISD – Diana Barrera, former executive director of elementary curriculum, Somerset ISD
Kerens ISD – Martin Brumit, former high school principal, Malakoff ISD
Lake Worth ISD – Rose Mary Neshyba, former superintendent, New Boston ISD
Lipan ISD – Ralph Carter, former superintendent of schools, Jessieville, Arkansas
Little Cypress-Mauriceville ISD (January 2019) – Stacey Brister, director of secondary curriculum and instruction,
Little Cypress-Mauriceville CISD
Lockhart ISD – Mark Estrada, former assistant superintendent of curriculum and instruction, Lockhart ISD
Lufkin ISD – Lynn Torres, former deputy superintendent, Lufkin ISD
Mission CISD – Carol Perez, former superintendent, Kingsville ISD
Palo Pinto ISD – Wendell Barker, former principal, Palo Pinto Elementary School, Palo Pinto ISD
Pine Tree ISD – Steve Clugston, former superintendent, Callisburg ISD
Plainview ISD – H.T. Sanchez, former superintendent, Tucson Unified District
Post ISD – Heath Dickson, former superintendent, Roby CISD
Poteet ISD – Charles Camarillo, former superintendent, Somerville ISD
Quinlan ISD – Jeff Irvin, former assistant superintendent, Quinlan ISD
Robstown ISD – Jose H. Moreno, former superintendent, La Vernia ISD
Sharyland ISD – Maria Vidaurri, former superintendent, Robstown ISD
Sinton ISD – Chad Jones, former superintendent, Iola ISD
South San Antonio ISD – Alexandro Flores, superintendent, Palacios ISD
Temple ISD – Bobby Ott, former assistant superintendent for curriculum and instruction, Temple ISD
Texline ISD – Terrell Jones, former principal, Texline ISD
Union Grove ISD – Kelly Moore, former high school principal, Hawkins ISD
Vega ISD – Jody Johnson, former superintendent, Texline ISD
Veribest ISD – Ryder Appleton, former director of career and technical education, Abilene ISD
Victoria ISD – Quinton Shepherd, former superintendent, Linn-Mar Community School District, Marion, Iowa
Walnut Bend ISD – Troy Humphrey, former superintendent, Darrouzett ISD
Wolfe City ISD – Anthony Figueroa, former principal, Blue Ridge High School, Blue Ridge ISD