The annual program allows participating school districts and open-enrollment charter operators/districts to nominate two teachers — one elementary and one secondary educator.
Please review the eligibility criteria
Important Note for Charter Schools
All applications from classroom teachers located on charter campuses should be submitted to the appropriate charter operator/district, and that operator should select one elementary teacher and one secondary teacher for submission to the regional competition. Since some charter operators (charter districts) are located in one ESC region, but operate charter school campuses in other regions, the charter operator/district should submit the selected application to the regional ESC
in which the teacher's school is located. This application will be considered along with all other applications within that region. As such, a charter operator may be submitting an elementary teacher's application to one region and a secondary teacher's application to another region for consideration.
- Section I must be submitted on the form provided on page 2 of the application packet.
- Sections II-IV should be produced using your own word-processing software. Start each section on a new page and include the section number and heading at the top. (For sections that allow for a multi-page response, repeat the section number and heading on page 2 and subsequent pages, adding “continued.”)
- Number all pages and adhere to the word or page limits specified for each section; additional pages and/or materials submitted will NOT be presented to the Selection Committee.
- Use at least 1-inch margins, a minimum of 10-point, easy-to-read type, and double space.
- The result should be a clean, clear copy suitable for easy black-and-white copying and placement in a three-ring binder with other applications.
Contact Jennifer Garrido, Texas Teacher of the Year Coordinator, 512.852.2105