Membership and Conference Registration Instructions
TASA's Member Services Center
Important Note: TASA has implemented a new membership and conference registration system in our Member Services Center. New features include the ability to create or renew memberships on behalf of other individuals, save orders, and combine orders into a single purchase. The steps below will walk you through the Order-Purchase-Payment process. Please be aware that your membership and/or conference registration is NOT complete until you have completed all three steps in the process and clicked the FINALIZE ORDER button.
- Access your personal account in our Member Services Center using this link: My TASA MSC Account
- Verify/create* a username and password in the Member Services Center.
- After verifying your account, login to access your profile information.
- Verify your profile information under the My Account tab.
- To begin the membership process, click on the Membership tab and the Membership Signup button.
- IMPORTANT: If you think you may have already started an order or are returning to complete an Order or a Purchase, go under the My Orders tab first.
* If you are new to a district**, but had an MSC account with your previous district, please DO NOT create a new account. Log into the MSC using your previous username (district email address) and make changes to your profile (organization, position, email, etc.) once you are in the My Account area. Notify TASA Member and Data Services in the TASA office and we will change your username as requested.
**SUPERINTENDENTS: If you are new to a district or newly named superintendent in your current district, please DO NOT change your title or organization or create a new account. Notify TASA Member and Data Services in the TASA office and we will make the changes for you.
- Click on the Membership tab
- Select an individual from the organization contact list provided.
- Select the appropriate membership category. Active, Superintendent and Active, Other than Superintendent REQUIRE entering the person's gross annual salary.
- Select additional memberships (AASA, TCPEA, TCWSE, TALAS, etc.) and subscriptions (Accountability Forum, LPPS, School Transformation Network, etc.)
- Click on Go Back to Picker to ADD another person's membership to your order
- Select memberships/subscriptions for additional people as needed.
- Click Submit to create the Order and proceed to Your Open Membership Order
Creating an Event Order works in a similar fashion. Go under the Event tab, select the desired event, select an individual to register, select choices appropriate to the event, select addional people to add to the Order, and proceed to the Purchase / Payment steps outlined below.
Create Purchase / Payment
- Under Your Open Order, click on the Purchase button [you may also Cancel the Order or Create an Event (to add a conference or other event to the order)].
- On the My Orders page, go under Saved Orders. If you have more than one Saved Order, you may add them individually to the Purchase (click the Add icon in the Order) OR scroll down to the Process All Orders to Purchase.
- Scroll down again to the bottom of the page to My Purchase.
- Click the Process This Purchase button to continue to Payment.
- Under My Pending Purchase, choose one of the following:
- Click Add Payment to This Purchase if you have a credit card or know the PO# you will be using. On the next screen, select Purchase Order or Credit Card. Enter Billing and Payment Information as requested. REMINDER: If using the Purchase Order option, you must have a valid PO# at this point. Entering "pending" or anything other than a valid PO# will result in the purchase being returned to Saved Order state until a PO# is provided.
- Click Print Purchase Req if you need to submit a purchase request to obtain a PO#. NOTE: The Purchase Requisition is NOT an invoice, and your current Purchase is NOT yet complete. Your business office should return the PR to you with a valid PO# at which time you can return to this screen to complete your Purchase.
- Click Cancel This Purchase to return the Purchase to Saved Order status (e.g., if you are not yet ready to provide payment information
- On the Purchase & Payment screen, scroll down to My Payments. Click FINALIZE ORDER. This will complete the Order-Purchase-Payment process and submit it to TASA.
If you have any questions about the membership or conference registration process, please contact TASA Member and Data Services, 512.477.6361 or 800.725.TASA (8272).